Friday, December 31, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
*This is a full time Work at Home opportunity in U.S. for the right candidate.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the National Center of Excellence (COE) for COB Reporting and Analysis you will have a key role in identifying medical cost savings opportunities by data mining historical claims for competitor reimbursement trends.
- Responsibilities include financial modeling of hospital and physician claims for our competitors vs. Aetna’s reimbursement to identify areas of opportunity, and advising network management on opportunities to achieve medical cost savings.
- Must have a complete understanding of contract compensation, claims processing/payment policy rules, as well as the ability to turn data into information.
- Must be able to develop and implement project plans working collaboratively with peers, across teams and provide management updates.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Requires an understanding of the healthcare industry, healthcare data, common healthcare terminology and medical cost issues and strategies.
- Must be skilled in claims processing guidelines, ACAS benefit plans and member out of pocket components and systems (ex: ACAS, EWMP, MSW, SCM, etc.), and able to work with Microsoft Excel.
- Aetna “Data Warehouse” and other software experience (ex: Microsoft Access, SQL, DAF, Visual Basic, etc.) a plus but not required.
- Need ability to meet tight deadlines, within context of potentially changing priorities, working both independently and facilitating cross-functional solutions.
- Capable of taking project through issue identification and resolution/recommendation stages.
- General Business- Applying Reasoned Judgment, Ensuring Project Discipline, Turning Data into Information and Communicating for Impact.
- Finance/Servicing Customers Profitably.
- Claims/Claim Processing – Medical or Hospital – ACAS/4-6 Years
- Claims/Claim Processing – Medical or Hospital- HMO/4-6 Years
- Network/Medical Cost Management/1-3 Years
- Network/Medical Economics/1-3 Years
- Network/Provider Relations/1-3 Years
Please note that benefit eligibility may vary by position. Go here (http://www.aetna.com/working/assets/2010_All_Benefits_Rates_at_a_Glance_OCT1.pdf) to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna does not permit the use of tobacco related products or drugs in the workplace.To apply, go to https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=1608&PartnerId=25276&SiteId=5012&type=search&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
The Living Room, one of the region’s largest HIV supportive housing providers, seeks a part-time contract grant writer.
The primary responsibilities include preparation of proposals and grant applications, and professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities in the areas of housing, homelessness, and HIV/AIDS.
At least five years experience writing private and government grant proposals is required, and strong preference for those with experience writing HOPWA grant proposals. Qualified candidates should also possess excellent writing and computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel). The candidate must be highly organized, able to work effectively within external deadlines, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
As an independent contract, the grant writer will be paid a monthly fee, set their own schedule, work from home or their own office location, and determine the best mechanisms for completing tasks assigned under the very broad supervision of the Executive Director.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume of no more than two pages, and at least three references.
Pay: 2,000.00 – 3,000.00/Monthly
Travel Required: 1% of the time
Experience Required: 5 yrs
Preferred Major: social work, business, or public administration
Preferred Degree: Masters
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Small World News is seeking a website designer to design our new online presence. We are an international organization providing tools and technology to journalists and citizens around the world to tell stories about their lives and their communities, through everyday engagement, elections, and crises. We’re looking for a designer who can help us envision and create a design that captures the work we do around the world while employing current design trends and standards. You’ll work with key members of our core team to present wireframes, initial comps, and final designs. We are launching the site on the WordPress platform, so the design should take into account the functionality and limitations of the CMS as they translate to the public theme.
Expectations for this project are someone with proven experience in web design and an online portfolio we may review. While we are only seeking a designer for this project, you may also include additional information about the schedule and costs to develop your design into a working WordPress theme as well.
You may read about who we are and what we do on our current website: http://smallworldnews.com
* Have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Fireworks
* Knowledge of WordPress administration, understanding the elements of that system and how to integrate the design into a working theme
* An ability to produce appropriate sketches, wireframes, navigation models
* Fluency with evolving web standards and technologies, usability best practices and an interest in emerging interactive design trends
* An excellent visual design aesthetic that incorporates typography, color and other aspects of visual design
* collaborate well with others while having the ability to work independently
* Are detail orientated and strive to achieve the highest levels of quality in the work you produce.
Additional skills/background that are a plus:
* Formal Design Education
* CSS/HTML experience/knowledge
* Previous work with non-profit organizations
* Experience with usability testing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Mama Panya's Pancakes
A Village Tale from Kenya
Ages 4 to 10 years