Amazon

Join Me On Facebook

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Healthy Thursday: Figuring Out Your BMR

For today's Healthy Thursday tip, I am going to give you the formula for figuring out your Basic Metabolic Rate, or BMR. What is BMR? Your BMR is unique to you based on your age, current weight, and height, also whether you are male or female. The BMR will tell you how many calories your body needs in a day to function properly. This is based on a no exercise time at all. So basically it is how many calories your body needs to function each day, without physical activity. So if you are not currently active, this is what you should be following. Please note if you already have underlying medical conditions you must always ask your physician before you take these kinds of things to heart. Disease and medication can severely effect how you should or should not follow a diet. For me, I am female, at my current weight, age and height my BMR came out to be 1585 calories/day. I rounded it to 1600 for ease of calculations. I am going to try my best to stick to this, but I am not optimistic it will be easy. If I add activity, I can add a little bit to it. Here is how to figure out your BMR.

Women: 655 +(4.3 x your weight in pounds) + (4.7 x your height in inches) - (4.7 x your age in years.)

Men: 66 + ( 6.3 x your weight in pounds) + ( 12.9 x your height in inches) - (6.8 x your age in years.)



No comments:

Buy Handmade Gifts My Etsy Store

Welcome To My Earn Money At Home Site

Welcome to my make money at home site. There really are work from home jobs out there. Good ones, and legit ones. I will add a few other things in just for fun too. I currently have two other blogs, and guest post for another, plus moderate my ten year old sons homeschool writing blog. You can say I enjoy blogging.