Amazon

Join Me On Facebook

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Healthy Thursday: New Blog Series

I am beginning a new series for this blog, called Healthy Thursday. I have been wanting to add a few new things, and I thought this is a good topic.

So first let me tell you a bit about myself. I am married, with two children. While I think we eat pretty healthy diets, when you break it all down, we really don't. These posts will be about my families endeavors to eat a more healthy diet. Of course you can't exclude exercise from the equation. My children are very active, I am only so so, and my husband is extremely sedentary. As we are both now in our 40's, I feel it is even more urgent to eat better and exercise. We are fortunate. Neither of us have any underlying diseases, and do not take any prescription medications. Please note this last sentence. If you are already diagnosed with and illness, and or are already taking medication, always consult your doctor before making changes to your diet or activities. Medication can be absorbed differently and be either not as effective, or have an enhanced effect by altering diet, or increasing activity. Always proceed with caution.

Check out this awesome childrens deck of cards that will teach your child all about exercise through Yoga. There are over 50 Yoga poses, for your child to learn and master. Yoga is also an awesome way to relieve stress for both children and adults. We think children do not get stressed, but actually they do. They just manifest it in different ways than adults do. These Yoga cards work well for adults as well, especially if you are not used to stretching or any kind of exercise.

Since my husband and I are set in our ways, one can assume this will not be an easy adjustment at first.

No comments:

Buy Handmade Gifts My Etsy Store

Welcome To My Earn Money At Home Site

Welcome to my make money at home site. There really are work from home jobs out there. Good ones, and legit ones. I will add a few other things in just for fun too. I currently have two other blogs, and guest post for another, plus moderate my ten year old sons homeschool writing blog. You can say I enjoy blogging.