Amazon

Join Me On Facebook

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Healthy Pasta Salad

So what do you all think of the new Blogger changes?  I don't know it will take a bit of getting used to.  My healthy tip for this week, is to try and change to salads that don't require mayonnaise.  Mayo is high in fat and calories.  A pasta salad can be tweaked to add more veggies, less pasta, a bit of meat, and the dressing can be extremely light.  Also if you make pasta one night and you have some left over just save it for the next day, and make a pasta salad.  Then no food is being wasted and it will save you some cook time.  My pasta salad includes:

Pasta:  Any kind, but for more bang for your pasta buck, try whole grains and I love the new veggie pastas.
Dressing:  Zesty Italian, you can use Raspberry Vinaigrette, or Red Wine Vinegar as well.
Cherry tomatoes but any choppy tomato will do.
Bell Peppers of any color
Onions preferably Vidalia onions
Black Olives
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Cucumbers

Just mix it all together, chill and voila a complete dinner or serve it with burgers, chicken or even hot dogs. 

No comments:

Buy Handmade Gifts My Etsy Store

Welcome To My Earn Money At Home Site

Welcome to my make money at home site. There really are work from home jobs out there. Good ones, and legit ones. I will add a few other things in just for fun too. I currently have two other blogs, and guest post for another, plus moderate my ten year old sons homeschool writing blog. You can say I enjoy blogging.