Amazon

Join Me On Facebook

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Healthy Chicken Dinners

Today is Thursday, and that means it is time for Healthy Thursday tips. If you are tired of the same old sauce, or don't know what to add to a chicken meal to make it less fattening but still have flavor, then this might work for you.

Spaghetti and meatballs is a staple in our home. But I get tired of sauce, and meatballs are not exactly a low fat food. This picture is of chicken and olives, that I found on Google free images. I made a version of this last night and it was delicious. Please not black olives are not fat free so eat them in moderation, but they are a good replacement for higher fat meats, sauces, and butter.

For me to make something really low fat, I do not cook in any oil or butter. Just coat the bottom of the pan with water to keep the moisture. Use boneless skinless chicken breasts. Be sure to eat a serving size which is the size of a deck of cards. I add onions, black olives, garlic, and red wine vinegar to add flavor. Once the red wine vinegar starts to cook off, add more as desired. You can add grape tomatoes for color, and added flavor, plus they are very healthy. I did have grape tomatoes in ours, but no one cared for them, so I won't use them again. They did make the dish appealing to the eye. My husband sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on his, but I avoid cheese if I can. Try it and let me know how you like it. You can always sprinkle on a touch of salt if it is needed, once you have tasted for saltiness. Serve over pasta or rice, and you can of course choose whole wheat pasta for optimal health choices. I do find wheat pasta to have a different flavor, but like all things you get used to it.

No comments:

Buy Handmade Gifts My Etsy Store

Welcome To My Earn Money At Home Site

Welcome to my make money at home site. There really are work from home jobs out there. Good ones, and legit ones. I will add a few other things in just for fun too. I currently have two other blogs, and guest post for another, plus moderate my ten year old sons homeschool writing blog. You can say I enjoy blogging.